We are currently looking for a Customer Service and Sales Executive to join our small team based at our showroom in Greengates, Bradford.
Working closely with the director, your role will involve:
- Acting as the first point of contact for our customers, responding in person in the showroom, via email or over the phone in a confident and helpful manner.
- Handling sales enquiries, general enquiries and resolving issues relating to orders, deliveries or customer complaints.
- Processing customer orders placed in the showroom, over the phone or via our website.
- Dealing with delivery and courier companies to ensure efficient dispatch and delivery of customer orders
- Liaising with warehouse staff and other team members to answer customer enquiries and to ensure efficient fulfilment of orders.
- Creating and maintaining the display of furniture and homewares in the showroom, ensuring that products are correctly labelled and attractively presented.
- Devising and posting engaging content on the company’s social media channels and blog.
- Recording and updating information accurately in our database (CRM system), accounting software, ecommerce and other software packages, including customer details, invoicing and stock levels.
- Other ad-hoc duties as required – as part of a small team there will be the opportunity to get involved in many other aspects of the business and to grow your role in areas of interest to you.
The ideal candidate will have at least one year's experience working in a similar customer service or retail role or have a university degree in administration, business, or similar subject. In addition, they must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A drive to deliver great customer service, to exceed customer expectations and to be willing to go the extra mile.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a friendly, confident approach.
- Strong English language written and verbal communication is essential.
- A good knowledge of Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word and Excel) is beneficial.
- Knowledge of using a variety of online and social media platforms, Shopify ecommerce and Sage 50 accounts is advantageous but not essential as full training will be given.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Showing individual initiative and an enthusiastic, flexible, positive attitude
Full time and part time hours will be considered. Basic hours between 9:30 and 5:30 Monday to Friday with some flexibility. The showroom is also open on Saturdays (10:00 – 4:00) and you will be required to provide cover on a rota basis with other members of staff (no more than 2 Saturdays per month).
Salary based on experience.
The successful candidate will complete an initial 3-month trial period before being offered a full time contract.
Apply by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, including a CV and covering letter to outline your suitability for the role.